Hummus for people dieting
by Lorraine Harrison
1 x 15oz can of chickpeas, drained (hang onto the liquid in case you need it at the end)
1 to 2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon tahini
Half a cup of plain yoghurt
In a food processor, combine the beans, tahini, yoghurt, and lemon juice.
Add salt and cumin and blend till smooth and creamy.
If too thick, add a bit of the liquid from the beans, a teaspoon at a time.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Authentic Hummus Recipes.
Our newsletter is entitled "create a cyan zone" at your home, preserving both yourself, the family and friends, and Mother Earth for future generations. We promise not to spam you with daily emails promoting various products. You may get an occasional nudge to buy one of my books!
Here are the back issues.
- Refined maize meal and stunting
- Should agriculture and industry get priority for water and electricity?
- Nature is calling
- Mill your own flour
- Bake your own sourdough bread
- Microplastics from our water
- Alternative types of water storage
- Wear your clothes out
- Comfort foods
- Create a bee-friendly environment
- Go to bed slightly hungry
- Keep bees
- Blue zone folk are religious
- Reduce plastic waste
- Family is important
- What can go in compost?
- Grow broad beans for longevity
- Harvest and store sunshine
- Blue zone exercise
- Harvest and store your rainwater
- Create a cyan zone at your home
you find this page interesting? How about forwarding it to a friend, or book and food junkie; or, better still, a Facebook or Twitter tick would help.
56 Groenekloof Rd,